car, motorcycle and vehicle accidents    ​

Personal Injury Legal Services

Car and vehicle accidents are very traumatic, especially when you or a loved one is severely injured or if a loved one is killed. Auto accidents are one of the leading causes of death in the United States. Vehicle accidents don’t just wreck cars and vehicles; they also wreck lives, sometimes forever. Even if injuries are slight and recovery is likely, it is stressful to deal with physical ailments that could last a lifetime if proper treatment isn’t provided because insurance companies will not fully cover medical expenses.

Small accidents could cause severe pain for years, especially back and neck pain, making everyday activities difficult if not impossible. Not only are auto and vehicle accidents traumatic because of physical injuries, but they are emotionally stressful because of insurance companies and hospitals and medical bills and time lost at work as well as many other family and social barriers.

There are a variety of vehicle caused accidents...
  • Car Accidents
  • Motorcycle Accidents
  • Bus Accidents
  • Taxi Accidents
  • Train Accidents
  • Moped Accidents
  • Scooter Accidents
  • Bicycle Accidents
  • Boat Accidents
  • Pedestrian Accidents

What Should I Do After I AM IN A VEHICLE ACCIDENT in NY?

  • STOP AND NOTIFIY POLICE The law requires that the driver of any vehicle involved in an accident stop at the scene. Do not move the cars unless their position causes a dangerous condition.
  • GET HELP If there are injured people you must immediately call for an ambulance. dialing 911 will get you both the police and an ambulance. Do not attempt to treat the injured person yourself unless you have training in first aid. Do not try and move an injured person unless they are in a life threatening situation. You may make the injury worse by moving the person.
  • EXCHANGE INFORMATION Every driver is required to exchange their name and address and the name and identification number of their insurance company with the other driver. Ask to see the other driver’s license, registration and insurance card. Copy down all information on the license including the driver’s identification number on his license. When the police arrive find out the name, badge number and precinct of the police officer. You or your representative can get a copy of the police report at the precinct the next day.
  • MAKE NO STATEMENTExcept for exchanging the required information with the other driver, do not have any discussion with the other driver. Do not engage in arguments with the other driver. In the heat of the moment you may say something that is inaccurate which can be used against you in the future. Tell ONLY the police officer your version of the accident.
  • WITNESSES Attempt to get the name, address and phone number of any witness to the accident. If safe to do so, get pictures of the accident with your cell phone. However, do not endanger yourself by entering traffic or other hazards to do so!
  • MEDICAL TREATMENT Get your injuries cared for immediately at the emergency hospital or at your personal physician’s office. Tell the examining doctor every complaint and injury you have, no matter how minor you may think it is. A serious internal injury may not show immediately. Help your doctor help you!
  • NOTIFY YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY Whenever you are in an accident involving an injury or property damage; notify your insurance company. If you fail to notify your insurance company IMMEDIATELY after the accident, they have the right to refuse to cover the claim.Also note that the sameinsurance company may represent both parties to the accident. You may receive a call from the other parties' insurance case specialist even though it is the same insurance company covering you. Be careul and know who you are talking to!
  • IF YOU OR A LOVED ONE HAS BEEN INJURED, CONTACT A PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER AT CHAVEZ & PONIST, LLP Even if a family member or friend was the cause of the accident you are still entitled to monetary. For your convenience, we offer home and hospital visits. Our New York Personal Injury  attorney and staff can provide you with the immediate attention you need to secure your rights and claims. Call (845) 302-3034 today!

We represent: Construction Accidents | Car & Motorcycle Accidents | Medical Malpractice | Nursing Home Negligence | Slip & Fall Accidents

Chavez & Ponist, LLP proudly serves New York City, Westchester County, Rockland County and the Hudson Valley.

Contact Chavez & Ponist, LLP Today!